Makeup Mirror Tips
Install a beauty room in your home with the perfect makeup mirror. Here’s how!
Photos By: Unsplash
A makeup mirror is a necessary item in the home. It is not only handy, but it also allows you to apply your makeup without any problems! Magnifying mirrors come in different shapes and sizes, depending on how much space you have in your bathroom or living room. However, there are some things that you should consider before purchasing any makeup mirror. Here are some of the things that you should consider:
Determine the Size of your Bathroom
Make sure that the mirror fits perfectly in the designated area. If you are replacing your mirrors, then consider the existing size of your old mirror and buy a slightly larger one to fit perfectly. Mirrors that are too heavy for your bathroom will just cause inconvenience.
Determine which type of Mirror you would like to Purchase
There are two types of mirrors available; those that are framed and those that do not. If you have a smaller vanity, then opt for a framed makeup mirror. This will help add style and elegance to your bathroom while at the same time making your vanity look bigger. These mirrors are available in many stores today, and the frames can either be metal-framed or wooden.
* How often do you apply makeup? The makeup mirrors come at varying prices. If you are a regular user of this item, then opt for an affordable mirror. For instance, an everyday mirror may cost less than a magnified mirror that has more functions. Some of the most common functions of these mirrors include: applying makeup, adjusting eyebrows, taking cosmetic measurements, and so on.
* Know what type of work best fits your needs. Some people need high-end products and others want to save money. For this, it is important to know how much your chosen makeup mirror can accommodate. For instance, if you need high-end makeup, then get a 15x magnifying mirror. It will work best to choose one that has a larger viewing area.
* Choose the kind of frame. Make sure that the frame you get will fit your vanity well. Some vanity mirrors come with adjustable stands, while some are stand-alone. If you have a small vanity, go for stand-alone mirrors. Otherwise, any kind of frame will work best.
* Choose a lighting fixture that will match the makeup mirror you get. For instance, wall-mounted mirrors are often complemented by floor lamps or halogen lights. If your bathroom is small, then opt for wall-mounted makeup mirrors that fit snuggly against the wall. It will be more comfortable to use as there will be no need to bend over. Floor lamps, on the other hand, will give you a brighter light without giving you a lot of trouble as long as you have enough battery power to operate them.
* If you prefer a dimmer light in the bathroom, then opt for a nightlight. Just make sure that the lights you get are not too bright so that your mirror will be able to reflect all the colors in your makeup. These days, all kinds of wall-mounted makeup mirrors come with lights. They provide you with enough light for every purpose. All you have to do is place your mirror underneath the lights and use it accordingly.
* Keep your vanity clean at all times. It is a good idea to wipe down your mirror after every use every day. This will help you keep it looking fresh and beautiful, no matter how much use you put it to. Dust and dirt also accumulate in your vanity, so make it a point to dust it out every day.
* Wall-mounted mirrors offer a lot of conveniences. You can use your wall-mounted mirror anywhere you like, which means you get to make use of it in any part of the bathroom where you need comfortable viewing. For instance, you can place it on your vanity table, or in the corner of a room, or even on the floor. A wall-mounted mirror is an ideal addition to any bathroom.
In summary, plastic mirrors have made it easier for anyone to decorate their bathrooms. They come in a wide range of materials and styles and come in both classy and casual designs. The best thing about these mirrors is that they are easy to clean and maintain. Now go get your own today!