We’ve got the ultimate recipe for blueberry bread that’ll quickly become a family favorite!
This blueberry bread is so moist and delicious that we guarantee it will become a family favorite! The bread loaf is bursting with blueberries, and it’s topped with a lemony sugar glaze. Serve it for a special Sunday breakfast, or for a light snack. Pair it with some hot Arabica coffee and you’ve got yourself the perfect treat!
Blueberry Bread With Lemon Glaze
Blueberry bread topped with a sugary lemon glaze.
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⅓ cup granulated sugar, divided use
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Butter and sugar a 8 1/2×4 1/2×2 1/2″ loaf pan. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar using an electric mixer until fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add in lemon peel.
- Mix in flour mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin with the flour mixture and end with the flour mixture.
- Coat blueberries lightly with a small amount of flour and gently fold them into the batter.
- Add batter to the loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean when it’s finished.
- Add the remaining 1/3 cup of sugar and lemon juice to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and pierce the top with a toothpick several times. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the loaf.
- Cool for 30 minutes in the pan, then turn the bread out of the pan to cool completely.
Photos and recipe: A Muse in My Kitchen.