There are tonnes of fragrances and deodorizers to choose from in the grocery store, and sometimes it can be overwhelming. Most store-bought deodorizers are loaded with chemicals that aren’t good for you, or your pets. We’ve got a few recipes on how to make your own fragrances with all-natural materials!
We’ve decided to ditch the store-bought deodorizers in favor of natural, home-made ones. Free of any toxic chemicals, they’re completely safe for you and your pets. These natural home deodorizers can be made in almost any combination. Simply add the ingredients (cut any fruit into slices ) to a pot and fill 3/4 of the way with water. Bring to a boil, then lower the temperature down to a simmer. Leave the scent to simmer for a few hours, adding water as needed. If you like, you can use a crock pot instead of using the stove. You can also freeze the scents for future use. Remember, there are no measurements in these recipes! Experiment a little to find which scent suits you best.
Here are a few recipes to get you started:
1. Cinnamon sticks, orange rinds, apple peels, and whole cloves.
2. A few drops of vanilla and orange peels.
3. Lime, coconut oil, and vanilla.
4. Oranges, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and vanilla.
5. Rosemary, lavender, and lemon.
6. Cedar twigs.
7. Lemon, black peppercorns, and basil.
8. Earl Grey tea and vanilla extract.
9. Lemon, peppermint extract, and rosemary.
10. Orange and almond extract.
Photos: Day Break Houses, Eliza Domestica, A Joyful Dwelling.