This tasty southwestern salad has become a new summer favorite of ours! Quick to make, this salad makes a great healthy lunch on weekdays, or a last-minute side for a BBQ! Keep reading for the recipe!
Salads are great for summer – they’re light, healthy, and easy to put together, as they require no cooking! So, take a break from the stove with this tasty salad! In this Tex-Mex southwestern salad, we used corn, beans, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, and romaine lettuce. Garnished with tortilla strips, and drizzled with a cilantro-lime dressing, this salad is fresh and light, perfect for the summer heat.
- 5 cups romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels (drained)
- 1/2 cup canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 avocado (halved, seeded, peeled and diced)
- 1/2 cup tortilla strips
- 1 cup cilantro (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- For the dressing, combine cilantro, yogurt, garlic, lime juice and salt in a food processor. Blend well, then add olive oil and vinegar and blend again until smooth.
- Place romaine lettuce in a bowl and top with tomatoes, black beans, corn, and cilantro.
- Pour dressing on top of the salad and toss gently. Add in avocado and stir.
- Serve immediately and garnish with the tortilla strips.