We’ve all heard of tuna salad or chicken salad, but not many people have tried shrimp salad! Try out this delicious shrimp salad croissant sandwich for a different take on lunch!
This shrimp salad sandwich is made with celery, red onion, tomatoes, olives, mayonnaise, and of course, shrimp! For a bit of extra yummyness, it’s piled high onto a sliced croissant. You can add lettuce leaves if you like, or even fresh spinach. For a healthier choice, try substituting the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt. This salad can be made the night before, and assembled easily into a sandwich the next morning for work. Moist and delicious, perfect for summer, we’re sure your co-workers are going to be green with envy!
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked and deveined
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill
- 4 croissants
- slices of tomato for serving
- olives for decorating
- salt and pepper
- Place all the chopped ingredients in a bowl and add the mayonnaise, garlic powder, mustard, dill, salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
- Add the capers and the shrimp and mix.
- Cut out croissants and fill with shrimp salad. Add lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Decorate with olives.
Photos: Escape From Fisherman’s Warf, Real Mom Kitchen.