Great Summer Appetizer: Roasted Veggie Flatbread with Parmesan Cheese
It’s still hot out, so don’t put away your patio furniture just yet! Serve this delicious veggie flatbread at your next outdoor get-together that will have your guests begging for more!
This veggie flatbread is perfect for vegetarians, and extremely easy to make! Loaded up with zucchini, red peppers, onions, and tomatoes, this flatbread is super light and makes a great appetizer!
To get started, heat your oven to 400 F. Then, roll out the dough to create a large rectangle. Place the rolled-out dough on a piece of parchment paper sprayed with non-stick spray. Take the goat cheese and spread half of it onto the dough. Sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese on top, along with half the dill.
Fold the other half of the dough on top of the side with the cheese. Sprinkle the rest of the goat cheese and Parmesan. Arrange the veggies on top and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and the remaining dill over the veggies. That’s it! Super easy, filling, and perfect for summer!
Roasted Veggie Flatbread with Parmesan Cheese
- 16 oz. refrigerated or frozen pizza dough
- 6 oz. soft goat cheese or herb cheese spread
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle and place it a piece of parchment paper sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle half of the goat cheese, half of the dill, and half of the Parmesan onto one half of the dough.
- Fold the other half of the dough on top of the cheese. Sprinkle remaining goat cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Arrange vegetables over the top and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and remaining dill.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden. Cut in half lengthwise, then slice into 2-inch long slices. Serve warm.
Photos and recipe: A Spicy Perspective.